|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Adzuki bean casserole|
A beanie winter casserole.
How to make it:
- 125 grams dried Adzuki beans
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- green beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium slice pumpkin
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium parsnip
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dessert spoon miso
- swiss chard or spinach
- Large sprig of parsley
- small amount soy sauce for seasoning
- In a medium sized casserole dish dissolve miso with boiling water.
- Add Adzuki beans (these can be freshly cooked or frozen, however it is best to thaw first if possible).
- Stir in rolled oats, paprika and herbs.
- Chop vegetables and onion into medium sized dice and add to casserole.
- Cover with water and cook in the oven at 160c for 1 3/4 hours.
- Stir a couple of times during cooking and taste to adjust seasoning.
- It may need thickening before serving use a small amount of cornflour or arrowroot, mixing in water first.
- This is wonderful served with brown rice or fresh spelt & rye bread drizzled with a little olive oil.
- This recipe is an ideal quantity for 2.
- Any vegetables may be used but I find the sweeter root vegetables go with Adzuki's the best.