|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tomato and Basil Risotto|
This is a nice recipe which can obviously be made more healthy by cutting the amount of butter [or ghee].
How to make it:
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter [or ghee]
- Peel, seed and dice tomatoes.
- In a 3 or 4 qt pot or saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for one to two minutes Stir in the wine and 3/4 cup of tomato juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Adjust heat to a simmer.
- Continue stirring and adding tomato juice as it is absorbed, until rice is just tender; add more juice for a more soupy consistency (you may not need all tomato juice).
- Over the heat, add the tomatoes, butter [or ghee] and cheese to the risotto and stir until melted.
- Stir in basil and season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.