|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Baked mackerel with walnut and cranberry stuffing
How to make it:
- 2 small mackerel
- Bouquet garnish
- 2 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 ounce walnuts
- 6 prunes
- small stick celery
- 1 teaspoon tahini [or BTD compliant nut butter]
- Food processor or blender
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Clean and gut the mackerel.
- Place the fish and bouquet garnish in a baking dish with just enough water to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake the fish covered in tinfoil for 20-25 minutes.
- Put the cranberries and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to the boil in order to soften the cranberries.
- Remove from the heat.
- Put the garlic, onion, walnuts, prunes, and celery into the food processor and finely chop.
- Add this mixture to the cranberries and stir well.
- Finally, stir in the nut butter.
- When the fish has cooked, stuff the baked fish and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the stuffing has heated through.
- Serves 2