|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Super Onion Soup|
Hearty Onion Soup that can be adapted to all blood types.
How to make it:
- 2 red onions
- 2 white onions
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 leeks
- 3 shallots
- small head of garlic
- small amount of butter or olive oil
- 3 cans of good quality chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 3/4 cup of red wine
- seasoning of choice: bay leaf, savory, thyme, cayenne pepper.
bread of choice with slice of white cheese of choice (farmers, mozzarella...)
- Melt small amount of butter or olive oil in large soup pan.
- Add sliced onions, leeks, shallots, garlic to pan and let cook at low heat for a good half hour.
- Add broth, seasonings and wine and let cook another 45 min. to hour.
- Put cheese on bread and place in bottom of soup bowls add hot soup (or float on top).