|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Cake|
Moist and cake-like treat.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar [non-secretors substitute agave]
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract [not BTD rated]
- 3 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder [see baking powder recipe]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cup shredded sweet potato (about 1 large)[or other BTD OK flour]
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 pan with olive oil or no-stick.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, brown sugar, pineapple, eggs, almond and orange extract.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the flour, soda, baking powder, cloves, sea salt, and nutmeg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with just a few crumbs on it and is not wet.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Makes 24.