|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Farmer's Vegetable Soup|
Vegetable soup with delicious broth
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (9 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (7 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 3 med leeks, trimmed and cubed 1-inch pieces [or onions]
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled, cubed 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, cubed 1-inch pieces
- 1 small parsnip, peeled, cubed 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups broth [chicken, beef, or vegetable]
- 3/4 cup sherry [optional]
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large stalk of celery with leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup or more of baby spinach leaves
- 2 5-inch sprigs of rosemary
- sea salt to taste
- hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a dutch oven, add vegetables and seasonings to 6 cups of water, plus 6 cups of beef, chicken, or vegetable broth and sherry.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer with lid for about 30-45 minutes.
- Note: Many different root vegetables will work in this versatile, homey soup. Fennel can be used in the place of or in addition to one of the other root vegetables, for example.
- For a heartier meal, add diced cooked chicken, or cooked rice to bottom of soup bowl before placing soup into bowl.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken||4|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Beef||4|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 11:26 AM By: Drea