|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Baked Swiss Chard|
Even picky kids like this!
How to make it:
- 1 lb. swiss chard
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 lg. onion
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3/4c. grated goat, mozzarella or soy cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Wash chard.Cut stems from chard and cut them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Cut leaves into 1 inch strips.
- Slice or chop the onion medium-fine.
- In a large saucepan melt butter,add chard stems and onion and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the chard leaves for 3 min.or so(covered) or until the leaves wilt.
- Place in a lightly greased 2 qt. glass baking dish.
- Spread the veggie mixture out evenly in the dish and pour the well beaten eggs (with a dash of salt and pepper added to taste) over the veggies.
- Try to get it all over the chard evenly.
- The egg will sink in and look like it's not enough- but it is.Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 400 for 10 min. This is a nice side dish.