|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
How to make it:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 can pinto beans [or other BTD compliant bean]
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup green olives (unpasteurized or w/pimentos)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup red wine
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- Brown ground meat in a skillet.
- Add a little cumin while browning.
- When done put into a bowl and set aside.
- Brown onion and cloves of chopped fresh garlic in olive oil, cooking them well until light brown.
- Put the meat back in the skillet with the onion/garlic and add drained beans, red wine, green olives, can of chopped tomatoes, chili powder.
- Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes until all flavors blended. Serve with white rice and a simple salad.
- Note: All ingredients in this recipe can be adjusted for taste, including the meat-to-beans ratio.