|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Great Italian Meatballs, from baked meatballs|
How to make it:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped spelt bread (about 2 thin slices)[or other BTD compliant bread, such as Ezekiel or Kamut]
- 1 Tablespoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 cup soy milk [or other BTD compliant milk]
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (sheep's milk)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients throughly by hand.
- I check for salt by taking a small quarter sized amount and cooking in microwave for about 50 seconds.
- When mixed, roll into meatballs (mine are about 2-1/2' diameter) and I get about 10 meatballs. You can certainly make meatballs any size you want.
- Place meatballs on a flat pan and bake until browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- At this point you can continue cooking meatballs in oven and until completely cooked or you can take browned meatballs and continue cooking them in your favorite tomato sauce.
- Optionally: after cooled, place in a plastic bag and freeze.