|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Carrot and Banana Loaf|
Moist Carrot Loaf good enough for cake!
How to make it:
- 425 milliliters rye flour [or spelt flour]
- 250 milliliters sugar or 230 ml fructose
- 250 milliliters carrots, grated (optionally beet root)
- 250 milliliters banana puree
- 200 milliliters canola oil [or olive oil]
- 3 medium eggs
- 10 milliliters allspice
- 7 milliliters baking soda
- 4 milliliters cream of tartar
- 100 grams walnuts, chopped
- Beat sugar, oil and eggs till light yellow and fluffy.
- Add the banana puree, carrots and nuts to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to previous mixture.
- Stir to produce a drop batter.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 medium small greased bread tins and smooth.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 160 degrees Celsius and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
- Test with a skewer.
- Cool on a wire cooling tray.
- If served as cake, dust with granulated sweetener after cooled.
- For variation, replace carrot with beet root.