|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spicy Shepherd's Pie|
Alternative shepherd's pie
How to make it:
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 6-8 ounces lean minced beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large turnip
- 1 red bell pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 drops Tabasco sauce [check for avoids]
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- half cup of stock
- 1 large sweet potato
- milk or soy milk or rice milk
- butter or ghee
- finely chopped parsley
- Put the olive oil into a shallow frying pan and heat gently.
- Peel and chop the onion and fry in the heated oil until softened.
- Add the minced beef and stir well in order to coat and seal the meat.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Peel and shred or chop the turnip and red pepper.
- Add the garlic, turnip and red pepper to the beef.
- Season the mixture with cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce and soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, peel, chop and boil the sweet potato until it is softened.
- Mash with a potato masher adding soy milk and margarine to taste.
- Remove mince from heat and place in a pie dish topping the mixture with the mashed sweet potato.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with a green leafy vegetable.
- Serves 2.