|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is an elegant soup that's also low in calories. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator and reheats well.
How to make it:
- 5 cups vegetable stock (sometimes I substitute a bit of chicken stock.)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingeroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 stalks bok choy, diagonally sliced, also shred leaves
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup sliced portabello mushrooms (or your favorite 'A' mushroom)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup waterchestnuts, sliced
- 2 ounces buckwheat noodles or soba noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces,
- (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Place 1/2 cup of the stock in a 5-quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining stock and soy sauce.
- Cover pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add remaining Ingedients as they are prepared.
- Test for doneness: noodles should be softened; vegetables should remain crisp-tender.
- Timing: 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6 servings