|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pineapple Upside Down Cake|
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup maple sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 3/4 cup oat flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder [Baking Powder Recipe Variations]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup [or 1/2 cup agave]
- 2/3 cup tofu, pureed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 10-ounce can pineapple rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Place pineapple rings on top of maple sugar, so the rings touch each other and line the pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, tofu, pineapple juice, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix lightly with wire whisk.
- Don't over mix; batter will be heavy.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- When done, invert pan onto plate.