|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Grilled Veggies & Pasta|
How to make it:
- portobello mushrooms
- onions (any type)
- zucchini squash
- olive oil
- seasoned salt [check for avoids][or sea salt]
- pasta [use BTD compliant choice]
- basil (optional)
- grated/crumbled cheese, optional [use BTD compliant cheese]
- Cut or slice veggies into large bite size pieces, except garlic cloves may be left whole if small.
- Place in baking pan and coat generously with olive oil (this will make your sauce).
- Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt.
- Place in 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes until veggies are wilted.
- Remove from oven and set aside while you cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain pasta and add veggies with oil.
- Toss to coat well and add some thinly sliced basil leaves and grated cheese, if desired.
- The quantities depend upon how much of each item you have around, how many you are serving and how much you like a particular item.
- I like lots of garlic cloves.
- I also have used other Type A veggies with good results.
- This can be done in the broiler, but needs to be watched closely. I have not tried it on the grill, but imagine it will work well if wrapped in foil to keep in the juices & olive oil.