|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Custard Pie (dairyless)|
If you love custard you will love this one! With simple Substitutions this recipe can be used by all BT's.
How to make it:
- 5 eggs
- 3 Cups soy milk
- 1/3 Cup sugar (you may try other sweetener Substitutions)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pie crust & custard dishes
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Scald soy milk (important)
- Beat soy milk, sugar,vanilla, & nutmeg into eggs.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top for color.
- Pour remaining into custard dishes & set into pan of water & set on lower rack of over.
- Put filled pie crust on upper rack of 450 degree oven for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 10 minutes.
- To test for doneness use a table knife inserted into pie. If knife comes out clean it is done.
- Set a clean dish towel on pie after you bring it out of oven & set it on a cooling rack.