|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Creamy Tuna Broccoli Rice|
Great stick-to-the-ribs main or side dish.
How to make it:
- 1 cup dry basmati rice
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounce can tuna, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil [or ghee]
- 1/4 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- mushrooms [portobello or other BTD compliant mushrooms]
- green, red, or yellow peppers
- Bring rice and 1-1/2 cups water to boil (add salt and a Tablespoon oil if desired).
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer about 1/2 hour or until done.
- After the rice has begun simmering, begin steaming the broccoli in a separate pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in butter [or ghee] or oil until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour and salt and heat until smooth (won't take long).
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the broth and water. Bring pot back to burner and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- When the broccoli and rice are tender, stir them into sauce with the tuna.
- Sprinkle with celery salt to taste.
- Even better as leftovers.
- Scoop leftovers into green, red, or yellow pepper halves and bake as stuffed peppers.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup allowable chopped mushrooms and saute with onions. You may need to add a little extra oil, butter, [or ghee].
- Use pasta in place of rice.