|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is a traditional bread from Israel. In the hot dry climate of that region the recipe consisted solely of ground sprouts mixed with water. This dough was then unbaked in the open air. Our version has buckwheat flour to help it and make it slice more easily. The addition of buckwheat also means the bread has a complete protein balance in itself. we also recommend oven baking. This is simple, sweet, and delicious bread.
How to make it:
- 3 cups of sprouted wheat
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- You sprout the wheat to same length as wheat is best.
- Mince, grind or chop the sprouts finely and mix with the buckwheat flour.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes into a stick dough, adding water only if necessary.
- Either form into round loaves or press into an oiled bread tin.
- Bake at 175*C (350*F) for 1-1/2 hours.