|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Eat Root for Your Type!|
Highly beneficial and scrumptious assortment of root veggies - turnips, carrots, and beets.
How to make it:
- 3 fresh beets with beet greens
- 1 fresh turnip
- 4 fresh carrots
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 Tablespoon tamari, wheat-free
- sea salt, to taste
- Cut up onion for sauteing.
- Wash all veggies including beet leaves.
- Peel beets and turnip.
- Leave skin on carrots.
- Cut carrots into slices and cut beets and turnip into small bite size cubes.
- Boil carrots and beets for about 10 minutes in salted water.
- When just barely soft (al dente) pour into a strainer and set aside.
- Saute onions on high until translucent, about 2 minutes, and then add turnip and all spices and tamari.
- Add a couple of Tbsp. of water and cover.
- Saute for about 5 minutes until just soft.
- Add precooked beets and carrots and beet leaves and reduce to medium heat.
- Finish cooking about 7 minutes.
- You will have a beautiful red (beet), orange (carrot), and white (turnip) and green (beet leaves) melange of tasty veggies.
- Put over rice or rice pasta or any highly beneficial or neutral grain.