|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Greens and Beans|
Delicious weekend brunch or quick dinner.
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch greens (collards, beet greens, spinach, kale)
- 1 Tablespoon miso, dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup cooked black beans [or BTD compliant bean for your type]
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, saute until soft.
- Add garlic, saute for about a minute, then add washed & coarsely chopped greens.
- Reduce heat and add miso dissolved in water.
- Let simmer until greens are limp.
- Add beans & rice, mix, heat through and serve.
Additional seasoning is not really necessary because of the intense miso flavor. This also works well with fresh organic eggs poached on top of the greens instead of (or in addition to) the beans and rice.