|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Simple, Not Messy, Granola|
This was posted by Deborah on the B mailing list, she says: 'I've made Granola for years and I don't experience it as messy...a little time consuming...but I haven't bought ANY ready-made since beginning ER.'
How to make it:
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- ground cardamom and/or cloves
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup maple or rice syrup [or agave]
- 1 cup date pieces or other [BTD compliant] dried fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds or pecans
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine rolled oats, nuts, flour, and sea salt.
- Ground cardamom, cloves can be added too.
- Stir well.
- Mix together ghee, sweetener, and vanilla.
- Whip it up and add to the dry ingredients.
- Spread thinly on a cookie sheet (no oil required) and bake at 250F until light brown or desired crispness. Cool and add date pieces.
- Store in a glass container in a cool place.
- Be sure it's in the oven long enough to get good and dry.