|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Shepherd's Pie: The Sequel!|
Slight variation on previous submission
|Best Used By Blood Types:Category:|
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 white potatoes
- seasonings (any)
- sea salt
- 2 teaspoon butter [or ghee]
- Peel and cook the sweet and white potatoes and mash.
- Use the butter/ghee and milk like you would when normally mashing potatoes.
- Set aside.
- Put the ground beef in a deep frying pan and brown, seasoning as you do so.
- Put the mashed potatoes into the frying pan and mix in with the ground beef until all the ground beef is clinging to the potatoes (consistency of paste, essentially).
- Cook the rice as directed on the package, then mix in some seasoning.
- Serve mixture on brown rice.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 08:16 PM By: Don
- Revised Oct 24, 2011 at 01:02 AM By: Lola