|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Shepherd's Pie|
An alternate to Shepherd's Pie
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, mashed
- brown rice
- sea salt
- seasonings (I used Emerils Essence when I made it)
- soy nuts (optional)
- Peel and cook the sweet potatoes and mash.
- Set aside.
- Put the ground beef in a deep frying pan and brown, seasoning as you do so.
- Put the mashed sweet potatoes into the frying pan and mix in with the ground beef until all the ground beef is clinging to the sweet potatoes (consistency of paste, essentially).
- Optionally, put in the soy nuts and mix into the mixture.
- Cook the brown rice as directed on the package, then mix in some seasoning.
- Serve mixture on brown rice.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 06:18 PM By: Don
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 06:40 PM By: Don
- Revised Oct 24, 2011 at 01:00 AM By: Lola