|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Hearty Fish Chowder|
A very tasty and warming feel-good dish
How to make it:
- 2 pounds frozen haddock or cod
- 3 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1-3/4 teaspoon sea salt (I add a little more)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat fish fillets and water to boiling in a Dutch oven.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer just until fish flakes easily with fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Cooking time varies according to thickness.
- Remove fish and broth from the Dutch oven.
- Flake or cut fish into bite size pieces, reserve broth. Simmer potatoes, onion, and green pepper in 1-2 cups of broth just until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, the fish, the half and half, the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Heat until hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe.