|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|White Spelt Bread ('Breadman Plus')|
|Contributed by: Thelma||From the Recipe Archives|
This recipe is meant to be for the 'Breadman Plus', so if you are using another machine you might have to make adjustments. Hope it turns out as well as mine does.
How to make it:
- 1 cup WARM 100% pure organic unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoon lecithin granules
- 2 Tablespoons organic grapeseed oil [not in Typebase]
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups white spelt flour (I use 'white vita spelt')
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's Breadmaker Yeast from the jar
- Warm the Apple juice, (not too hot now, just warm!).
- Add the honey, lecithin, grapeseed oil and salt stir till mixed.
- Pour this into the breadpan, carefully.
- Measure out 3 cups white spelt flour (I don't sift, but do handle it lightly to not pack into the cup then I take a knife and level off).
- Add this to the breadpan, do not stir.
- Make a small well in the top of the flour and put into it the 2 teaspoons of yeast.
- Close lid and set on 1 pound loaf, # 1 cycle, light crust.
- Remove as soon as the time is up, and cool on wire rack.
Some say wait 10 minutes before starting machine. I don't wait that long. This cycle bakes the bread for 30 minutes after kneading and the rising time is finished. I found out that it only takes 27 minutes in my machine for the bread to be what I like. So I shut it off 3 minutes before the machine would normally shut off. For other machines it might take longer. I think the Spelt flour makes the difference in the time. I know that if I left mine in the full 3o minutes it would be too brown and crusty. This bread makes good toast too. This recipe might work with the olive oil. For results that I have, do not substitute the ingredients please. I also might mention that I do keep my lecithin in the fridge. Might not have to, but I do to be on the safe side. Leftover apple juice is refrigerated, too. Happy Baking!