|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Great Fruit Shakes|
A delicious fruit shake. Quick & easy, with endless variations.
How to make it:
- 1/2 to 1 cup chunks of frozen fruit, according to type [strawberries, bananas, cherries, blueberries, pineapple, or any BTD compliant fruit]
- 1 cup milk, according to blood type (soy, rice, almond, goat, or cow's milk )
- sweetener according to taste (agave, sugar, honey, stevia )
- flavoring (such as vanilla)
- Ahead of time, freeze chunks of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, sliced banana, according to type and preference) on cookie sheets so they don't clump together.
- Store in Ziploc bags or sealed containers in the freezer so they're handy anytime.
- To make a shake, place the desired fruit(s) and milk in a blender or food processor and puree smooth.
- To make a thicker shake, add more frozen fruit.
- To thin, add more milk.
- Adjust sweetness and flavor to taste.
- Serve immediately. Yum!
- Yield: 1 very large shake or a couple smaller ones.
This is a great way to deal with those bananas or other fruits that are ripening faster than you can eat them, or that half can of pineapple left over from the shish-kabobs.