|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spinach Feta Rice|
|Contributed by: Sue Phalen||From the Recipe Archives|
A rice dish that's fancy enough for company and delicious for leftovers.
How to make it:
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms (about 4 oz, or 4 big ones)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth [or vegetable broth]
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package chopped frozen spinach, cooked then drained and pressed until most of water is gone. May use 6 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves instead.
- Combine rice, broth, and water in medium saucepan.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add rice, stir once.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes (according to your package instructions) or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Cook and stir onion, mushrooms, and garlic in large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray until onion is tender.
- Add cooked spinach, oregano leaves, salt, and lemon juice so that it, too, is warm.
- Add entire mixture to rice (or vice versa).
- Add feta cheese, stir well and it's ready to serve.