|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Ossa Da Mordere (Bones of the Dead)|
Hard Italian cookies, good for dunking
How to make it:
- 3 egg whites
- 1-3/4 cups sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder [Baking Powder Recipe Variations]
- 1-1/2 cup blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups flour, unsifted [or BTD compliant flour]
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites, sweetener, lemon peel, and baking powder until smoothly blended.
- With a heavy spoon, work the nuts in thoroughly, then add the flour.
- Lightly flour your hands, then pinch off tablespoon-sized lumps of dough and shape like short sturdy bones.
- Place cookies lightly on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until pale brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
You don't have to shape them into bones, but they're cute.