|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Figs with Ginger|
Dried white figs stewed with crystallized ginger.
How to make it:
- 8 ounces dried Greekor Middle Eastern white figs (the tiny 'Shiraz' if you can find them are truly gourmet)
- 2 teaspoons finely julienned crystallized ginger
- water to cover dried figs
- Wash and drain figs to remove any debris.
- Place them in a saucepan with the ginger.
- Pour in enough cold water just to cover.
- Bring to a boil then turn heat to simmer.
- Simmer uncovered approximately 45 minutes, or until the figs are plump and soft but still retain their shape. The water should be reduced to the consistency of pancake syrup.
- Stir gently two or three times during the cooking.
- Pour one or two tablespoons of this yummy treat over
- 1/2 cup of one of the following, according to what is permitted for your blood type:
- whipped mild goat cheese;
- whipped heavy cow's or goat's cream;
- softened cream cheese;
- ricotta cheese;
- kefir cheese;
- sour cream;
- vanilla ice cream;
- cow's or goat's milk yoghurt;
- soymilk yoghurt.