|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cranberry Jelled Salad or Jam|
Tasty dish using crushed pineapple & fresh cranberries.
How to make it:
- 12 ounce package cranberries (1/2 package)
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar [or 1/4 cup agave]
- 2 Tablespoon agar agar [or fruit pectin]
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- chopped ginger (optional)
- Wash & pick over the cranberries, removing any shriveled cranberries.
- Use only 1/2 the cranberries for this recipe. (I haven't tried doubling the recipe so can't tell you if it will work or not).
- Place cranberries in a blender along with 1/4 cup of the juice from the canned pineapple.
- Place water & sugar [or agave] in a saucepan & bring to a boil.
- Add cranberry/pineapple juice mix to the saucepan. Reduce temperature to simmer & cook for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 cup drained crushed pineapple (squeeze out all juice) and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add agar [or fruit pectin] & simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add walnuts and/or chopped ginger.
- Refrigerate until firm.
This makes a good replacement for cranberry relish, cranberry sauce, cranberry jello, or as a jam for toast.