|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spelt Dinner Rolls|
Makes 2 dozen rolls.
How to make it:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Succunat sugar
- 1-1/4 cup warm soy milk (105-115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1/3 cup butter (soy base margarine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cup white spelt flour
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm soy milk.
- Let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add butter and salt to yeast mixture; mix well.
- Stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, into yeast mixture until a stiff dough forms. (at this point put it in your bread machine and set on dough).
- Divide in half and roll into a fat rope.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place rolls on a greased cookie sheet and cover loosely with a damp cloth; let rise til almost double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Lightly beat 1 egg.
- Brush rolls with egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in a 400 degree oven.