|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Spelt & rice flour brownies
How to make it:
- 2 squares baking chocolate (or equivalent powder)
- 1/3 cup melted butter [or ghee]
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar [or agave]
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Above recipe will be enough for a 6' square pan, I usually double it and put it in a bigger pan. I also usually add a little extra chocolate.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a small pan (don't burn!).
- Add the rice flour and let sit 10-15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, then add and mix in the sugar or sweetener.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Finally add the chocolate and rice flour mixture and chopped nuts at the end and mix thoroughly.
- Put batter in greased 6'x6' pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.