|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Venison Meatballs with Miso Gravy|
Venison Meatballs with Miso Gravy: This is a recipe I concocted one day with Venison given to me from a family member and whatever else I had on hand. O's can do this if they omit the cheese which will affect the flavor a bit. If miso doesn't suit you, try another gravy it's optional.
How to make it:
- 1/2 @ ground venison
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon wheat- free tamari
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- Mix all meatball Ingredients together and form into little balls.
- Sauté in skillet in olive oil for 20 minutes.
- Add water and tamari, and cook 30 minutes more.
- Combine arrowroot powder with water add to meatballs and cook until broth thickens slightly.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of broth and add miso, mixing well.
- Re-add to meatballs but DO NOT BOIL. Adjust seasonings. Serve over brown rice, quinoa, potatoes or millet. Makes 4-6 servings.