|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Kellie's Yummy Chocolate Cake|
I found this on the message board in response to a message I posted. It stays very moist & my whole family loves it.
How to make it:
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (I'm sure there's an equivalent carob product out there you could use if worried about the dairy in this)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (O, B) or ghee (A, AB)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or I guess you could use carob)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter an 8 inch round cake pan; line with round of waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Grease paper.
- Combine chocolate & butter & microwave on high for 1 minute. (or in saucepan on low heat) Whisk till smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating quickly so you don't cook the eggs.
- Sift in cocoa powder. Whisk just to incorporate.
- Pour into prepared pan & bake in center of preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- Remove from oven to cake rack & cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen edge of cake with knife.
- Invert over serving plate.
- Cool completely & dust with powdered sugar.
- You can serve with diced fruit or just leave it plain.