|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Zesty Pesto Sauce|
Zesty Pesto sauce is great on rice pasta, rice, fish dishes, squash, or vegetable medleys.Note: All measurements are approximate.
How to make it:
- Fresh basil leaves, washed and stemmed, enough to almost fill a standard blender.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes or lemons, juiced
- 2 to 5 cloves (or more!) garlic, pressed
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup pumpkin seeds, walnuts, [or pine nuts]
- Grind all ingredients in a blender until you have a course sauce.
Pesto sauce should never be heated, because this takes away from the freshness of the basil (although it is okay to reheat it along with any leftovers).