|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Key Lime Pie|
I adapted this one from a local cookbook where I live. Seems I have become addicted to it lately.
How to make it:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Green food coloring or appropriate natural equivalent
- 1 regular pie shell baked for AB or 1 wheat free pie shell baked for A, B, O
- Whipped cream for B or Soy Whipped Cream for A, AB, O for topping
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk for B; To substitute for this for A, AB, O, use equivalent amount of WEST SOY ORIGINAL CREAMY or another creamy soy or rice milk. To the soy milk, add 1/8 cup soy flour, 1/8 cup rice bran, and sugar to taste till it gets as sweet as you like.
- Beat egg yolks and 1 white until thick.
- Add either sweetened condensed milk OR soy/rice milk.
- If adding soy or rice milk, also add soy flour, rice bran, and sugar. If using sweetened condensed milk YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD these three Ingredients.
- Beat mixture again.
- Add lime juice and beat until thick.
- Fold in 3 beaten egg whites and add a few drops of coloring or appropriate natural equivalent.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes at 250 degrees until set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or soy whipped cream.