|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Baked Apple and Carrot Casserole|
This is another one from friendly freezer onelist. Serves 8 and requires 1 hour preparation time. Recipe originally by Alma H. Hedrick
How to make it:
- 8 each apple, peeled, sliced cored
- 2/3 quart cooked carrot slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar [or 1/4 cup agave]
- 2 2/3 tablespoons white spelt flour (or whole spelt flour)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Place half the apples in non-stick 2-qt baking dish and cover with half the carrots.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, and salt and sprinkle half the mixture over the carrots.
- Repeat layers and pour lemon juice over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serves 6.
- Submitted to Yankee by Alma L. Hedrick, Harwinton Congregational Church, Harwinton, Connecticut, who notes this is good with baked beans (another good New England standby).
- Cool and freeze in individual ziplocs. Thaw and reheat.