|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Acorn Squash With Cranberry Stuffing|
Serves 8 and requires no preparation time.
How to make it:
- 2 pounds acorn squash
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 apple
- 4 Tablespoons white grape, pineapple, or apple juice
- 1 cup cranberries, frozen
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar [or agave]
- 2 slices Ezekiel or spelt bread, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon English walnuts, chopped
- Halve squash and remove seeds.
- Lightly oil baking sheet; place squash face down on baking sheet and bake 45-60 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until tender when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice apple, and cube bread slices.
- Over medium heat saute onion and celery in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add salt, allspice, apple and 2 Tablespoons fruit juice; cook just until apple is tender.
- Stir in cranberries, raisins and 2 Tablespoons fruit juice; cook until cranberries pop.
- Add brown sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in bread cubes and nuts.
- Sprinkle baked squash with sea salt.
- Divide stuffing evenly between squash halves.
- Can freeze on tray, when frozen transfer to Ziploc bags.
- When thawed, reheat in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.