|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cranberry Lemon Marmalade|
How to make it:
- 3 large (3-1/2 inch) lemons
- 4 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups water
- 7 cups sugar [or agave]
- 1 pouch Certo [or fruit pectin]
- Squeeze juice from lemons, remove the white pulp and cut rind into slivers.
- In a large pot or dutch oven bring to a boil the lemon peel and the 3 cups water, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cranberries, bring to a boil and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add sugar [or agave] and bring to a boil, then boil hard for one minute; you may have to stir occasionally as it will foam up.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Certo [or fruit pectin].
- Stir and skim for a few minutes.
- Put into sterilized jars.
Makes eight 8-ounce jars and is delicious, especially if you spread on a plain rice cake.
An easy way to do the peel is to use a sharp knife and with the peel facing you (not the white pulp) just skim it off the pulp and then slice it up.