|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Carob Almond Cookies|
These cookies are slightly sweet, very carob-y and have a really nice cake-like texture. They're fine as a dessert, but given the Ingredients you could also eat them as part of a healthy breakfast!
How to make it:
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 and 1/2 large apples (pears can also be used)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon unbuffered, corn-free vitamin C crystals
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- (1 tsp. of your favorite baking powder can be substituted for the vitamin C and baking soda)
- 3/4 cup carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whole almonds - about 30 (optional)
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown rice flour or 1 cup brown rice flour + 1/4 cup spelt or kamut flour
- *Note: If you want, you can try playing around with the types of flour. I'm sure more variations are possible.
- Oil two cookie sheets and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop apples into small chunks and put in blender.
- Add almond butter, oil, eggs, and vitamin C crystals. Puree everything together. You may need to push the apples down a few times to get them started. If more liquid is needed to make the puree, add a bit of water.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda (or baking powder, if you are not using the vitamin C crystals and baking soda), carob powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the puree to the dry mix and stir just until everything is well blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
- If desired, push an almond into the top of each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry or only slightly moist.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet with a spatula and enjoy!
- Refrigerate in an airtight container any cookies you don't eat right away.