|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Yankee Lamb Stew|
Serves 4 and requires no preparation time. ADAPTED FROM MAKE AHEAD GOURMET BY MICHAEL ROBERTS.
How to make it:
- 1/2 recipe Stewed Lamb
- 1 cup carrot, cut 1/2' thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium turnip, cut into 1/2' dice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
- Defrost the Stewed Lamb if frozen.
- Combine the lamb and sauce in a 2-quart ovenproof casserole or Dutch oven, cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine the carrots, butter, and water in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the turnips and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the water has evaporated, leaving the vegetables bathed in butter, about another 5 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, stir in the vegetables, and transfer the stew to a large serving dish. Serve immediately.