|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Serves 4 and requires no preparation time. FROM MAKE AHEAD GOURMET BY MICHAEL ROBERTS.
How to make it:
- 1/2 recipe Stewed Lamb
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or more
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 3 tablespoons curry powder or to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (SUBSTITUTE TURKEY BROTH IF FOR B)
- Defrost the Stewed Lamb if frozen.
- Combine the onions, oil, cayenne, coriander and curry powder in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the broth and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb and sauce. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until bubbling hot, about 25 minutes. 4. Remove the pan from the heat, transfer the mixture to a serving dish, and serve immediately.
- Notes: Curry powder is a blend of many herbs and spices. It develops a good flavor only when cooked, and is particularly complementary with lamb.
- Don't forget the chutney.
- And if you like your curry very hot, accompany it with a side dish of plain yogurt (O's omit yogurt, don't know but think OK for B's).