|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Italian Meatballs for 2|
Serves 6 and requires no preparation time.
How to make it:
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 each egg
- 3/4 cup Ezekiel or spelt bread. crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano, grated (from sheep or soy if for A, AB, O; from regular dairy if for B)
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper if for A, AB)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently with your hands until the meat has become thoroughly blended with all the seasonings. The mixture should be fairly moist.
- To form the meatballs, wet your hands in a small bowl of lukewarm water and then pick up about 1/3 C. of the meatball mix. Roll it in the palm of your hands to form a smooth ball about 1 in. in diameter.
- Drop the meatballs directly into your basic sauce recipe. Or, if you prefer a crusty meatball, fry in approximately 3 T. of olive oil on medium heat for about 5 min., turning to brown evenly. Then drop them into gently boiling sauce as they are browned.
- Meatballs take 20 min. to cook well.
- Yield: 15-18 medium meatballs or 40-45 tiny meatballs
- Fry or bake in oven til done (if you have a convection oven, you don't have to turn them over!)
- Freeze in ziplocs.
- Thaw and reheat.