|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cranberry Apricot Turkey Roll|
This is another recipe I got from the Friendly Freezer One list. It was originally posted to crock pot cooking, takes 10 minutes, and serves 6.
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup sugar [or BTD compliant variant/substitute]
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot, don't boil arrowroot
- 3/4 cup apricot jam [BTD compliant variant/substitute]
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, ground or finely chopped
- 2 pound frozen turkey roll or 2 to 2-1/2 pounds partially thawed
- 1 or 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In small saucepan, blend sugar and arrowroot.
- Stir in marmalade and cranberries.
- Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Place partially thawed turkey roll in slow-cooking pot.
- Add a cup or two of fresh water.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- Insert meat thermometer in turkey for the last 2-3 hours.
- Cover and cook until temperature reaches 185 degrees
- Slice turkey roll.
- Serve with vegetables and salad.