|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Bacon Double Cheeseburger Meatloaf|
This is a adapted from friendly freezer onelist. Serving Size: 8.
How to make it:
- 6 slices turkey bacon [check for avoids]
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup oatmeal or barley cereal
- 1 cup soy cheddar, grated (or cow's milk cheddar)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise [check for avoids][see BTD recipe]
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish [check for avoids]
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
- 1 each egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup (or substitute another non-tomato sauce found in this exchange)[check for avoids]
- Cut turkey bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- In a medium skillet cook the bacon over a medium heat until it is hard enough to crumble.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet to reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to gently, but thoroughly, mix together the meat, oatmeal, 1/2 cup of the cheese, onion, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, salt, pepper, egg, and bacon.
- Pat the mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking pan.
- Spread the top of the loaf with the ketchup.
- Bake until the loaf is firm, approximately 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the loaf with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese to melt during the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Let meatloaf stand in the baking dish for 10 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
- Freeze in Ziploc bags.
- Thaw to reheat.