|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|All Day Long Crockpot Beef|
Adapted from 'Kitchen Classics'. Serves six.
How to make it:
- 2 pounds beef roast, lean
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns (avoid?)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 package onion soup mix (check for avoids)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (probably an avoid, check for avoids)
- 9 each carrots, sliced
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 each green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 each yellow onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup tomato juice (Type B substitute Pizza Sauce Substitute or another non-tomato sauce found in recipe database)
- Cut beef roast into serving-sized portions.
- Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings.
- Brown beef in oven with convection on rack in a pan.
- Slice onion and separate into rings.
- Place carrots, celery, onion and green pepper in bottom of crockpot.
- Place beef pieces on top.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix, pepper and minced garlic.
- Mix Worcestershire, water and tomato juice in a mixing cup. Pour over the meat.
- Turn crockpot to high for 30 minutes, then low for 7-9 hours.
- When ready to serve, dip meat and vegetables out of the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Use the liquid as is or turn crockpot to high and thicken liquid with spelt flour.
- Can be frozen in Ziploc bags.
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator or thaw in microwave to reheat.