|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This recipe was originally posted by Cherye on the message board. She made some spelt bagels and they turned out really nicely so she wanted to share this bread machine recipe with others. I thought it might get to more people this way so I am posting it here.
How to make it:
- 1 cup water (80 degrees)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup spelt flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoon yeast
- Use the program to mix dough.
- Check it occasionally--you might need to add more water to make sure it's not too dry.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each into a smooth ball, making a hole in the center of each with thumbs.
- Gently pull to make a 1' hole.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Cover & let rise in warm place for 10 minutes.
- In a 3-qt saucepan bring to boil 2 quarts water & 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- Place a few bagels at a time in boiling water.
- Simmer 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove with slotted spoon & put back on greased baking sheet (you might drain on a paper towel first).
- Beat an egg & brush each bagel with egg & sprinkle with toppings (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion flakes, etc.).
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.