|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This recipe comes from Martha Stewart's mom on the TV show. It is simple and easy to make and is delicious. I adapted for the type A by using soy milk in place of cow milk. This is a pretty looking dish to serve company.
How to make it:
- 3 cups rice (I used Jasmine)
- 4 cups soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I use the alcohol free)
- 1/3 cup currants or pineapple (I used currants)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place rice, 3 cups soy milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a sauce pan, cook and stir for 30 minutes.
- Mix 4 egg yolks, 1 cup soy milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, fruit, and cinnamon in a bowl, then add to rice mixture.
- Put into a baking dish.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla until stiff.
- Place rice mixture into baking dish, then put meringue on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or so. Let cool.