|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Butternut Squash & Tofu with Mixed Vegetables|
This is a warm and hearty vegetarian entree great on cold winter days. The squash and tofu mashed, mixed with warming spices and served with fresh steamed vegetables. Pumpkin or other types of squash may be substituted for butternut.
How to make it:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 package of tofu (fresh & soft is best)
- 1/2 cup of soy or other nut milk
- 3/4 cup low salt soy sauce
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pressed clove of garlic
- pinch of curry powder (optional)
- 1 head of organic broccoli
- 1/2 head of organic cauliflower
- 1 lb. green beans
- 6 large carrots julienned
- a handful of shelled sunflower or pumpkin seeds (ABs and B secs. substitute compliant seed instead)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- Remove the seeds and clean the center of the squash.
- Slice lengthwise, steam for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
- Add the squash and all of the other ingredients (except veggies) to a large mixing bowl.
- Whip with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Simmer on low 15-20 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli, cauliflower, beans and carrots until 'al dente' (10-15 minutes) or until brightly colored and moist.
- To serve, place 2 ladles of mashed squash in the center of a dinner plate.
- Arrange steamed veggies around the squash.
- Garnish with nuts or seeds and cilantro or parsley. Serves 6.