|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
A paste like dish for eating in a bar shape or spread on something. Very sweet and irresistible (like its maker). Wipes out any power bar for good portable 'energy food'. Was a big hit at Thanksgiving.
How to make it:
- 1 pound almond butter (some people use tahini)
- 1 cup of walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup of soy protein powder [or NAP's Protein Blend or egg white protein powder]
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup of vegetable glycerine [or agave]
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Mix together well.
- Add more protein powder or flax to stiffen mixture.
- Add more vegetable glycerine to 'loosen' and sweeten it. Press into 8 x 8 pan.
- Can chill into firmer bars.
- Can play with different spices and nuts when formulating recipe.