|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Vermont Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes|
This is from 'Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama (mmm it's so good) recipe book. Thevariation at the end has been tested in my kitchen also.
How to make it:
- 5 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters or sixths
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/4cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 stick butter (O, B) or margarine (AB) melted (4 T.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (all types) or allspice (Type O)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together remaining Ingedients and toss with potatoes to coat well.
- Bake uncovered for one hour.
- Stir and continue baking for 1/2 hour more or until glazed.
- Stir when removed from oven and then serve.
- As a variation, you may boil whole, peeled potatoes until tender and then mash them. Once potatoes are mashed, mix them together with remaining Ingedients until smooth.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to one hour, taking care not to let the top get too done.